Monday 22 June 2015

Hanging out with Dbanj- Yemi Olakitan

I first met Dbanj some 10 years ago at Coolfm, in Lagos. He was then an aspirering young Nigerian musician, trying to break through the Nigerian music industry. It is totally amazing how dreams can come true. How time flies  and waht this young man and his partner, Don Jazzi has accomplished.
I am very happy for the duo.
Dbanj is reputed to be the richest artiste in Africa. When i mentioned thus to him, he laughed copiously as if it is a ridculous thing to say.  I am one of his admirers and i have perfromed many of his songs with my band, the Palace Band all over Lagos. I just love his creativity. He is one of those artisties that i consider to be really creative.
When i met him again recently at Wazobia Fm. He has forgotten when we firtst met but i reminded him. I wish this young man more successes in his music career and i wish myself the same

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu won the Lagos Governorship elections

  Yemi Olakitan   Lagos State Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu of the All Progressives Congress (APC) was named the victor of Saturday's go...