Tuesday 10 July 2012

NIGERIANS NEED TO DISCOVER THEMSELVES

The President and CEO of Kings Hill Leadership Institute, Gbenga Ademujimi, has called on Nigerians to re-discover themselves in order to move the nation forward.
Ademujimi, a life purpose coach, peak performance trainer and author, runs an international organization dedicated to the development of human potentials, self-discovery and capacity building.  A graduate of the Coaching Academy, United Kingdom,
Ademujimi studied Physics Electronics from the Federal Polytechnic, Ado Ekiti and also holds an executive postgraduate degree in Management Information System from the University of Ibadan.
According to him he did not practice Electronic Engineering because he discovered that he was running another man’s race, as he was not working according to the dictates of his talents and destiny.
He said, “I went into science because of parental and peer pressure. My parents wanted me to go into it. I was good in Physics but I was better in the social sciences. I became a social prefect in primary three. I was a member of the students’ representatives’ council, and also a member of the debate, quiz and current affairs club. I was representing the school in many social activities. At the Polytechnic, I was involved in social activities throughout. I won two awards from the Students Union in conjunction with the American based music company Motown Records. I was given that award because of my social activities in school at the time. I was the best organizer of shows, picnics, parties and many other events. Everything about me was about arts and social life. Yet, I went and studied electronic engineering. Thank God, I realized early enough that I have been doing something that was contrary to my calling and life purpose ‘’
He canvassed that, ‘until a man discovers his true purpose in life, he is a wasted man. No product is released into the market without a purpose. The manufacturer determines that purpose.’
Ademujimi added: “When I was at the Coaching Academy, where I did leadership training, I learnt that only 15 per cent of global population has discovered their purpose in life while 85 per cent are running other men’s races. I was an example; my father had already drummed it into my brain that I must do this, I must do that, and my first-born must become an Engineer. They already planned our life and forgot they are not our manufacturer. At the end of the day, I studied what they wanted and I ended up spending 10 years in school. It was during that time that I discovered myself and I later joined Abundant Life Evangelistic and Prayer Ministry Church.
I took a leadership position and the challenges that were been thrown to me made me realized my and I was performing to the best of my ability. I had an opportunity to travel to South Africa for further studies and missionary activities. It was when I was there that the leadership gifts in me actually came out. I became very active at my local church by writing songs and assisting the choir. They released albums on both CDs and DVDs within the little time that I spent with them. Even in South Africa, everything about me was ringing social aspect of life,’’ Ademujimi stated.
According to him, his life is a testimony to the wisdom of staying right on one’s path. This allowed him to take advantage of the opportunities that came his way.
‘‘I had the opportunity of working with the African Union. I worked with the department in charge of tourism and we were in charge of tourism for all the diplomats in Africa. I was the media Project Manager then. These brought out my potentials even more,” he said.
At Reigning Kings School of Leadership in South Africa, where he attended, Ademujimi became a lecturer there and had the opportunity to train the staff of the National Prosecuting Authority, which was the equivalent of EFCC in Nigeria or the FBI in America. It was this experience that inspired him to come home and establish a Nigerian Leadership Institute that would cater for leadership training in the country.
‘‘I started having the intuition to come back and I prayed about it and I had the go ahead. I came back finally in 2008 to settle down. I worked with London Financial Times, the Nigeria office in Lagos. I also established Kings Hill Leadership School (School of Discovery). We help people discover their purpose and potentials in life. We teach them success principles – how to make it in life irrespective of circumstances.
Since 2008, the school has graduated about 12,000 Nigerians and trained more people from various sphere of human endeavor. He claimed to have trained people from Bowen, Covenant, and Olabisi Onabanjo Universities in addition to over 2,000 NYSC corps members in Bauchi and 200 in Ibadan among others.
In its networking activities, Ademujimi said there is a working understanding with Mrs. Joke Silva and Olu Jacob’s Academy for the Performing Art and Media, where leadership for national transformation is taught the students. The Lufodo Academy of the Performing Arts are also benefiting from his experience in leadership training.
Speaking on the need to re-educate the youths, he said, ‘‘Nigerian youths believe that the best thing that can happen to a man is to get a job in an oil company. Everybody wants to do what one man does and be successful. This is not the right path to success. Everyone has a unique purpose.
“The vision of the school is to help people discover their purpose and potentials in life. One of our problems is that we put a round peg in a square hole and we expect to get the desired results. The principal course that you take is how to discover yourself. You need self-discovery, self-esteem and from there you go to self-temperament.
“We have three ways of discovering purpose in life: the commonest way is to discover your gift. Simply because you can sing and you can act drama does not mean that that is your purpose but by the time we put you under training, you will discover the real gift in you. We have life and time management courses; we have temperament studies and numerous courses on leadership and personal management.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu won the Lagos Governorship elections

  Yemi Olakitan   Lagos State Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu of the All Progressives Congress (APC) was named the victor of Saturday's go...